Have you ever craved a
Why You Will Love Making Air Fryer
- One of the top reasons people are raving about air fryer pizzas is the speed. Gone are the days of preheating your oven for what feels like an eternity. With an air fryer, you’re looking at a cooking time of just 6-8 minutes. That means from the moment you get a
pizzacraving to biting into a slice, you’re only waiting a few minutes.
- If you’re a fan of crispy crust (who isn’t?), then air frying is your best friend. The hot air circulation ensures that your
pizzacrust gets that golden brown finish without the risk of a soggy crust. And the best part? You don’t need to be a pizza-making pro to achieve this. The air fryer does all the hard work for you.
- When it comes to toppings, making
pizzain an air fryer means you get to be the chef. Whether you’re in the mood for freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, banana peppers, or a sprinkle of Italian seasoning, the choice is yours. You can even set up a pizzabar and let everyone customize their own personal pan pizzas. It’s a fun activity that’s sure to be a hit with both kids and adults.
- Forget about the mess that comes with making
pizzain a traditional oven. With air frying, there’s no need for a baking sheet or parchment paper. Just place your homemade pizzadirectly in the air fryer basket, and you’re good to go. Cleanup is a breeze, leaving you with more time to enjoy your delicious creation.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Ingredients You’ll Need
You’ll need all the ingredients in the photograph below.
How to Make Air Fryer
Pizza with Step-by-Step Instructions
A complete printable recipe and the measurements in both US customary and metric are available in the recipe card below.
Preparing Your Air Fryer
First things first, you’ll want to preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C). This is so that once your
Setting the Base
Lightly spray your air fryer basket with some olive oil to prevent sticking. Now, take your
Spray oil or brush lightly with olive oil for an extra golden finish. Then, spread your pizza sauce evenly over the base, leaving about a ½ inch border for the crust. This gives every bite a good sauce-to-dough ratio.
Here’s where the fun begins! Use mozzarella balls or slice mozzarella into thin slices and evenly distribute them over your
Remember, with air fried pizzas, lightweight
Air Fry to Perfection
Once the cheese has melted and the crust turns a beautiful golden brown, you’ll know it’s ready.
Homemade Hot Sauce (optional)
While your air fryer
A quick tip: always wear kitchen gloves when handling peppers to avoid any spicy surprises on your skin or eyes!
Next, pour apple cider vinegar into a saucepan, adding the sliced peppers, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt. Let this mixture come to a boil and then simmer gently until the peppers soften, which should take around 8-10 minutes.
Once done, transfer everything into a blender and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and, if you’re craving more heat or a touch of sweetness, add some more peppers or a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup.
The Finishing Touches
Once out of the fryer, it’s time to add some final touches. Sprinkle some optional vegetarian Parmesan cheese for an added layer of flavor.
Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves for a burst of freshness. If you like a bit of heat, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes does the trick. And, of course, a pinch of kosher salt to enhance all those wonderful flavors.
From oil sprays to muffin cups and from pizza pans to racks, we've got them all, and they make fantastic Christmas presents, too!
Recipe Notes and Expert Tips
- Choosing the Right Dough: While you can certainly make your own
pizzadough, store-bought dough or a pre-cooked crust works wonders in a pinch. If you’re going for pre-made crusts, opt for thinner ones as they crisp up beautifully in the air fryer. For those using raw dough, remember to roll it out evenly to ensure consistent cooking. Check out our homemade pizza dough recipe for all the tips and tricks. Flatbread, naan bread, or even tortillas can also serve as quick and easy pizzabases!
- Sauce: A good pizza sauce can elevate your
pizzato new heights. Whether you’re using store-bought marinara sauce or making your own, ensure it’s not too watery. A thicker sauce prevents the base from becoming soggy and maintains that crispy crust we all love.
PizzaToppings: When it comes to toppings, less is more with air fryer pizzas. Overloading with all the toppings can prevent the pizzafrom cooking evenly. Stick to lightweight toppings and remember to slice them thinly. If you’re a cheese pizzalover, freshly shredded mozzarella cheese melts beautifully, but feel free to mix and match with other cheeses like cheddar or feta.
- Can I make a dessert
pizzain the air fryer? Definitely! Whether you’re topping your base with Nutella, marshmallows, or fruit, a dessert pizzacan be a delightful treat. Just adjust toppings and cooking times accordingly.
- Keep an Eye on the Time: Air fryers can vary in terms of cooking times. While the 6-8 minute range is a good starting point, it’s essential to keep an eye on your
pizza, especially the first time you make it. Look for that golden brown crust and bubbly cheese as indicators that your pizzais ready to be devoured.
- Experiment and Enjoy: The beauty of making
pizzain an air fryer is the freedom to experiment. From different bases to a variety of toppings, the combinations are endless. So, don’t be afraid to get creative and try out new flavors. Maybe next pizzanight, you can have a pizza-making contest with your loved ones!
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer
Pizza is very easy to store, here are our favorite ways.
Refrigeration is Key
Always store your leftover
Freezing for Longer Storage
If you’ve made a large batch or simply can’t finish your
Don’t forget to label the bag with the date, so you know how long it’s been in there. Properly stored, frozen
When you’re ready to enjoy, you can reheat directly from the freezer or let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Reheating Like a Pro
The best way to reheat leftover
This method makes your
What to Serve with Air Fryer
Crispy Air Fried Sides
If you’re already using your air fryer for
Air fryer french fries, Peri-Peri Fries, Masala Fries, or air-fried zucchini fries are a fantastic choice. They’re crispy, delicious, and a healthier alternative to their traditionally fried counterparts.
Whether it’s a simple Caprese Salad with a balsamic vinegar glaze or something more elaborate like a Waldorf Salad or Avocado Salad, the cool crunch of a salad complements the warm, cheesy goodness of the
And if you can’t get enough
Dips and Sauces
More Air Fryer Recipes For You To Try
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Tortilla
- Air Fryer Flatbread
- Air Fryer Black Bean Burgers
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
For the Hot Sauce – Optional
- 20 peppers choose your preferred hot pepper
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Honey syrup or maple syrup optional
For the Air Fryer Pizza:
- Olive oil spray
- 1 pizza crust choose the size to suit your air fryer basket
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 5 slices mozzarella
- Vegetarian Parmesan cheese to top
- Basil leaves torn to garnish
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Kosher salt to taste
For the hot sauce:
- Wash and cut the tops off, and slice the peppers lengthways; we strongly recommend that you wear kitchen gloves.20 peppers
- Add apple cider vinegar to a saucepan and add the peppers, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a gentle boil until the peppers have softened, approximately 8 – 10 minutes.1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar, 3 teaspoons garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, Honey syrup or maple syrup
- Remove from the heat and pour into a blender and blend until you have a smooth consistency. Taste and add additional peppers and 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup if you like your sauce sweeter and extra hot.
For the air fryer pizza:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F/190°C.
- Lightly spray your air fryer basket with olive oil, then place your pizza crust in the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the pizza crust with olive oil and spread pizza sauce evenly on the base of your pizza, leaving approximately ½ inch from the edges. Use mozzarella balls or cut mozzarella into slices and evenly distribute them over the pizza.Olive oil spray, 4 tablespoons pizza sauce, 5 slices mozzarella, 1 pizza crust
- Air fry for approximately 6 – 8 minutes. until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown and crispy. Remove from the air fryer, scatter optional vegetarian Parmesan cheese, and garnish with fresh basil leaves, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt. Serve immediately and enjoy your Margherita pizza!Basil leaves, Red pepper flakes, Kosher salt, Vegetarian Parmesan cheese
- Crust or dough: While you can certainly make your own pizza dough, store-bought dough or a pre-cooked crust works wonders in a pinch. If you’re going for pre-made crusts, opt for thinner ones as they crisp up beautifully in the air fryer. For those using raw dough, remember to roll it out evenly to ensure consistent cooking. Check out our homemade pizza dough recipe for all the tips and tricks. Flatbread, naan bread, or even tortillas can also serve as quick and easy pizza bases!
- Sauce: A good pizza sauce can elevate your pizza to new heights. Whether you’re using store-bought marinara sauce or making your own, ensure it’s not too watery. A thicker sauce prevents the base from becoming soggy and maintains that crispy crust we all love.
- Toppings: When it comes to toppings, less is more with air fryer pizzas. Overloading with all the toppings can prevent the pizza from cooking evenly. Stick to lightweight toppings and remember to slice them thinly. If you’re a cheese pizza lover, freshly shredded mozzarella cheese melts beautifully, but feel free to mix and match with other cheeses like cheddar or feta.
- Keep an Eye on the Time: Air fryers can vary in terms of cooking times. While the 6-8 minute range is a good starting point, it’s essential to keep an eye on your pizza, especially the first time you make it. Look for that golden brown crust and bubbly cheese as indicators that your pizza is ready to be devoured.
- Storage: Once your pizza has cooled down to room temperature, transfer the slices to an airtight container. If you don’t have one large enough, you can also wrap individual slices in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Always store your leftover pizza in the refrigerator if you plan to eat it within the next 3-4 days. This not only keeps the pizza fresh but also helps it remain safe to eat.
- Freezing: If you’ve made a large batch or simply can’t finish your pizza within a few days, freezing is a great option. Place the wrapped slices in a freezer-safe bag, squeeze out as much air as possible, and seal. Don’t forget to label the bag with the date, so you know how long it’s been in there. Properly stored, frozen pizza can last for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to enjoy, you can reheat directly from the freezer or let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheating: The best way to reheat leftover pizza and maintain that crispy crust is to use your air fryer again! Preheat it to 350°F (180°C) and cook the pizza for 3-8 minutes. This method makes your pizza hot and crispy, just like when it was first made. Avoid using the microwave, as it can make the crust soggy. For more information, be sure to check out How To Reheat Pizza In An Air Fryer!
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Cauliflower steaks are a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a hearty, yet healthy alternative to traditional steaks. They’re bursting with flavor, easy to make,…
Santa Whoopie Pies are a game-changer for your holiday celebrations! It’s perfect for adding a dash of festive fun to your Christmas gatherings or for…