These juicy, delicious air fryer tomatoes are insanely good and full of Mediterranean flavor. You’ll enjoy these mouth-watering tomatoes in 12 minutes, perfect for a quick breakfast, lunch, or side dish. You’ll never want to roast tomatoes any other way.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Why you’ll love these air fryer roasted tomatoes
- They taste amazing, with all the flavor of oven-roasted tomatoes but they are made in the air fryer in just 10 minutes.
- It’s easy to air-fry tomatoes; they will become your ‘go-to’ snack or side dish!
- They make a great easy side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Double up and make a batch for the freezer.
- Ticking all the boxes, they are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and low-carb/keto, making this the perfect air fryer recipe.
Roasting tomatoes has never been so simple, packed full of flavor, our friends and family just can’t get enough of them!
What ingredients do I need?
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
How to make air fryer tomatoes with step-by-step instructions
Making our air fryer roasted tomatoes is easy if you follow our simple instructions.
Preheat your air fryer to 400F/205C.
Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to a large mixing bowl.
Add extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat.
Transfer the tomato halves to your air fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes, turning them halfway to ensure they cook evenly.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
From oil sprays to muffin cups and from pizza pans to racks, we've got them all, and they make fantastic Christmas presents, too!
How does an air fryer cook food?
An air fryer pushes hot air down onto the food and all around it.
Doing so mimics deep frying, giving you the same results but in a much healthier way (generally speaking).
What’s the best air fryer to use?
We’ve used several different air fryers over time, and currently, we prefer the Instant pot air fryers, which we use and love.
Which tomatoes are best for air frying?
Most ripe tomatoes will air-fry well.
We’ve used large tomatoes on the vine for this recipe, but you could use Roma tomatoes, plum tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and buffalo tomatoes; they’d have a very tasty flavor.
Air fryer roasted cherry tomatoes are also good.
Make sure you use fresh tomatoes, and you won’t go far wrong.
More ways to cook tomatoes
What do I serve them with?
Our air-fried red tomatoes go with so many different dishes.
They are sensational when placed on top of your favorite veggie burger or on a potato fritter.
Delicious on air fryer toast or a slice of crusty bread, or as part of a veggie breakfast.
Try serving air-fried tomatoes with goat’s cheese, they are such a great pairing.
Play with the flavors
We’ve created this recipe for speed and ease, so we used Italian seasoning, but if you want to take the flavor up a notch or two, use fresh herbs,
Fresh basil, fresh thyme, and a little garlic, perhaps? These all give a fresh flavor to the tomato halves.
Other dried seasonings could be garlic powder or sumac.
A little pesto or vegetarian Parmesan cheese on roasted tomatoes always tastes delicious.
They would taste amazing as a base for your marinara sauce.
How long are air-fried tomatoes good for?
If you have leftover roasted tomatoes, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.
Recipe notes and expert tips
- Do you have to peel tomatoes before air frying them?
- Not at all. To roast tomatoes simply wash them and cook them in their skins.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and freeze for up to 6 months.
We pre-heat our air fryer, but if you have an oven-style basket-type air fryer, you probably won’t need to.
- Watch closely
Every air fryer cooks differently; different brands and capacities can mean that your food will need a longer or shorter cooking time, so keep a close eye on them.
More vegetarian air fryer recipes for you to try
If you like our air fryer tomatoes recipe, you’ll love these delicious recipes!
- Air fried asparagus
- Air fried baby potatoes
- Air fried Brussels sprouts
- Air fried broccoli
- Air fried carrots
Easy Air Fryer Tomatoes Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F/205°C.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add extra virgin olive oil, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the tomato halves to your air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes, turning the tomatoes halfway to ensure they cook evenly. Serve immediately and enjoy!4 large tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, Salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Santa Whoopie Pies are a game-changer for your holiday celebrations! It’s perfect for adding a dash of festive fun to your Christmas gatherings or for…
Simple and cozy, Mushroom Risotto is the perfect dish for those times when you want something both comforting and a bit fancy. Creamy, rich, and…