This delicious Greek pizza recipe is packed with flavor! It starts with a delicious, crispy crust and is topped with mozzarella, feta cheese, onions, feta cheese, and olives. The result is a truly delicious pizza that will have your friends and family coming back for more!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
And when we have that craving, our go to recipe is our Greek pizza recipe!
Why you’ll love this Greek style pizza recipe
- Pizza night just got more interesting with these Greek pizzas bursting with flavor!
- It’s so easy to make and you can have it ready to eat in as little as 5 minutes.
- They not only taste sensational, but they look sensational too!
- Perfect for pizza night, outdoor cooking, or movie nights.
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
Ingredients you’ll need
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
We took the classic Italian pizza recipe and turned it into a Greek masterpiece, and we think you’re going to love it!
How to make our Greek pizza recipe with step by step instructions
Making our Greek pizza recipe is easy if you follow our simple instructions.
A full printable recipe and the measurements in both US customary and metric are available in the recipe card below.
If you’re making pizza in a pizza oven
Preheat your pizza oven to 650°F/345°C.
Lightly dust your pizza peel with flour, then place your pizza crust on it.
Next, add shredded mozzarella cheese and then add Greek feta cheese.
Then, add red onion, grape tomatoes, and red and yellow bell peppers, and kalamata olives.
Now, place your Greek pizza in the oven and cook until the crust is charred, and the pizza toppings are perfectly cooked approximately 2 – 3 minutes.
Remember to turn your pizza every 20 seconds using a pizza turning peel to ensure an even cook.
Once cooked, remove from the pizza oven, garnish with a little parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil, and serve immediately.
Enjoy your pizza!
If you are cooking pizza in a kitchen oven
Preheat your oven to 500F/260C, and if you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
Lightly flour your work surface or a pizza pan, this stops the crust from sticking.
Spread pizza sauce on the crust leaving a half inch border (we used marinara sauce).
Next, add shredded mozzarella cheese and then add Greek feta cheese.
Then, add red onion, grape tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers, and kalamata olives.
Now, place your Greek pizza in the oven and cook until the crust is golden brown, and the pizza toppings are perfectly cooked approximately 8 – 10 minutes..
Once cooked, remove from the oven, garnish with a little parsley, and a drizzle of olive oil, and serve immediately.
Enjoy your pizza!
Recipe notes and tips
- Don’t overload
If you overload your pizza dough with vegetables, you run the risk of having a soggy crust.
- Fresh mozzarella
If you decide to use fresh mozzarella then make sure you drain it thoroughly or your pizza will become soggy.
Remember to flour your surface or the pizza dough will stick.
- Watch it
Pizza ovens and methods vary, so keep an eye on your Greek pizza, as it may need a shorter or longer time in the oven.
What do I serve with Greek pizza?
A Greek pizza with feta and oodles of flavor makes a great change from the traditional pizza!
Serve it on its own and dip it in a tasty pizza dipping sauce.
Eat with sweet potato fries, pull apart garlic bread, or a fresh salad with balsamic vinaigrette.
What are Kalamata olives?
Kalamata olives are a type of olive that is typically black or purple in color.
These salty olives are grown in the Kalamata region of Greece and are known for their smooth, fleshy texture and rich flavor.
Kalamata olives are often used in Mediterranean recipes, such as salads, pasta dishes, and pizzas.
Can I use store bought pizza dough?
Yes, you can use store bought pizza dough, that’s no problem.
You could make or try to source Greek pizza dough, but we’ve found that difficult to buy.
The main difference between Italian and Greek pizza is in the preparation of the pizza dough, which you don’t knead for a Greek pizza.
Nothing can quite beat homemade pizza dough, but we don’t all have the time or inclination to make it – right?
Store bought dough can be really good these days, as can store bought crusts, so shop around and choose a brand you know and love.
It’s good to know that you can also make and buy gluten free pizza dough also.
What’s the best way to cook homemade pizza?
There are three different methods you can use for cooking your homemade pizza.
So, are pizza ovens worth the dough? (Like what I did there?)
We use an Ooni pizza oven to cook all our pizzas in and we love it.
We can’t actually imagine cooking pizza any other way now.
Why do we love it?
You can read all about it in our Ooni pizza oven review or read a brief outline below.
They cook fast, I mean, lightning fast, depending on the pizza, you can cook one in as little as 60 seconds which is great.
You also get that wonderful, charred crust that you can only achieve with an oven.
There’s also the wonderful culinary theatre that you get when making pizza for your family and friends when cooking with it.
We can’t recommend them enough, but we realize not everyone has the space or budget for a pizza oven, so what’s the next best option?
A cost effective option is to buy a pizza stone.
Pizza stones fit in your kitchen oven and are a fraction of the cost of a pizza oven.
The pizza stone heats up, and this then cooks your pizza crust evenly.
We wholeheartedly recommend a pizza stone if an oven isn’t an option for you.
If neither of these are available to you, then opt for a pizza pan.
A pizza pan has holes in the bottom to allow the heat to reach the crust.
They cook a whole lot better than using a simple baking sheet.
How do I store leftover Greek pizza?
Our Greek pizza will store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
Play with the flavors
If you want to make Greek pizza but don’t have all the ingredients, then play around a bit, substitute, and try different toppings.
We used bell peppers on our homemade Greek pizza, but you could use roasted red peppers for extra flavor.
Add a little spice and scatter red pepper flakes over your pizza!
Fresh tomatoes, spinach, and whatever toppings you’d like to make your own authentic Greek flavor.
Use the Greek inspired toppings that you love, we always encourage you to go with what you think will work.
More easy pizza recipes for you to try
If you love making homemade pizza, then you should try these easy pizza recipes!
- Cheese pizza – every cheese lover’s dream!
- Mushroom pizza – loaded with mushrooms, this pizza is bursting with flavor!
- Caprese pizza – tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil make this pizza taste as good as it looks!
- Margherita pizza – the classic Italian pizza that’s so easy to make!
- Nutella pizza – hazelnut chocolate spread and strawberries – yummy!
We hope you enjoy making and eating our Greek pizza recipe and would love to hear how you got on with making it.
Please leave a comment below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Greek pizza recipe
- All purpose flour to coat your work surface
- 1 12 inch pizza base
- ¼ cup Pizza sauce we used marinara sauce
- 6 oz Mozzarella cheese grated or sliced
- 4 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup Sweetened red and yellow bell peppers sliced
- ¼ cup Red onion sliced
- 1 cup Grape tomatoes halved
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives sliced
- 1 handful Fresh parsley chopped
If using the Ooni pizza oven
- Preheat your Ooni to 650°F/345°C
- Lightly dust your pizza paddle with flour, then place your pizza base on the flour. Spread marinara sauce on the pizza crust, leaving a half inch border. Then, add shredded mozzarella cheese and feta cheese, red onion, grape tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppers.All purpose flour, 1 12 inch pizza base, ¼ cup Pizza sauce, 6 oz Mozzarella cheese, 4 oz Feta cheese, ½ cup Sweetened red and yellow bell peppers, ¼ cup Red onion, 1 cup Grape tomatoes, ⅓ cup Kalamata olives
- Place your cheese pizza in the oven for approximately 1-2 minutes, ensuring you turn it every 20 seconds and cook it evenly. Your pizza crust will be charred and crispy, and the toppings perfectly cooked. Once the pizza has cooked, remove it from the oven, garnish with a little fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy your awesome Greek pizza!1 handful Fresh parsley
If using a kitchen oven
- Preheat your oven to 500°F/260°C
- Lightly flour a baking sheet or pizza pan, and place your pizza crust on it. Then spread marinara sauce on the pizza crust, leaving a half inch border. Then, add shredded mozzarella cheese and feta cheese. Then add red onion, grape tomatoes, red and yellow bell peppersAll purpose flour, 1 12 inch pizza base, ¼ cup Pizza sauce, 6 oz Mozzarella cheese, 4 oz Feta cheese, ½ cup Sweetened red and yellow bell peppers, ¼ cup Red onion, 1 cup Grape tomatoes, ⅓ cup Kalamata olives
- Place your pizza in the oven and cook for approximately 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, garnish with a little fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy your delicious Greek pizza!1 handful Fresh parsley
If you overload your pizza dough with vegetables, you run the risk of having a soggy crust
If you decide to use fresh mozzarella then make sure you drain it thoroughly or your pizza will become soggy
Remember to flour your surface or the pizza dough will stick
Pizza ovens and methods vary, so keep an eye on your Greek pizza, as it may need a shorter or longer time in the oven
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Craving delicious mozzarella sticks but don’t want the added guilt from deep frying them? Try our air fryer mozzarella sticks recipe! This easy version of…
Experience the bold, smoky flavor of our homemade BBQ sauce recipe. Carefully crafted with a blend of spices, our sauce will take your BBQ to…