Introducing the tastiest way to enjoy a classic side dish: baked air fryer sweet potato recipe that’s as easy to make as it is delicious. This recipe delivers all the flavors and textures of traditional oven-baked sweet potatoes but with less time and effort!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
We’re obsessed with our air fryer recipes right now, and seeing as we recently posted a recipe for baked potato in the air fryer, it seemed only natural to create one for sweet potato, you don’t always want to cook baked sweet potato in the oven – right?
Why you’ll love baked sweet potatoes in the air fryer
- There’s no need to turn your kitchen oven on to make a delicious baked sweet potato, making it a cost-efficient option.
- They make a perfect snack for a gathering or a game-day get-together!
- Sweet potatoes are real crowd-pleasers, young and old alike love them.
- Did we mention just how EASY they are to make?
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
Ingredients you’ll need to air fry sweet potatoes
You’ll need just five ingredients to make these delicious potatoes.
Recipes this good should be that EASY – should they?
How to cook air fryer sweet potatoes with step-by-step instructions
A full printable recipe and the measurements in both US customary and metric are available in the recipe card below.
Preheat your air fryer to 370°F/190°C.
Wash your sweet potatoes using a vegetable brush, ensuring any dirt is removed from them, then pat them dry.
Using a fork, prick holes in the skin of the potatoes.
Place them in your air fryer basket, ensuring that you don’t overcrowd them, or they may have soggy skins, and cook for 35 – 45 minutes, turning them halfway through.
When your baked sweet potatoes are cooked, they will puff up and be fork-tender.
Remove them from the air fryer, and serve baked sweet potatoes immediately with butter, salt, and pepper, a sprinkling of chives, or your favorite toppings!
Enjoy your delicious air fryer sweet potatoes!
Recipe notes and expert tips
- Size matters If you have larger or smaller potatoes than we used, you may need more or less cooking time.
- Watch closely
Every air fryer cooks differently, different brands and capacities can mean that your food will need a longer or shorter cooking time, so make sure you keep a close eye on them.
Should sweet potatoes be soaked before air frying?
No, for baked sweet potatoes, you don’t need to soak the potatoes.
You would soak them if you were making air fryer sweet potato fries, as this would remove excess starch and give you crispy sweet potato fries.
How do I store leftover sweet potatoes?
Store leftover sweet potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
What else can I make with sweet potatoes?
Sweet potato is so versatile, so if you need more sweet potato recipes, here are some great ones!
You can make sweet potato fritters, sweet potato wedges, sweet potato soup, sweet potato fries, sweet potato mash, and even sweet potato pie. There’s no need to waste any sweet potatoes!
More air fryer potato recipes for you to try at home
If you want to use your air fryer more, why not try these potato recipes?
Air Fryer Baked sweet potato
- 4 Sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper freshly cracked to taste
- Chives sprinkle of
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F/190°C.
- Wash your sweet potatoes using a vegetable brush to remove any dirt and then pat them dry. Using a fork, prick holes in the skin of your sweet potatoes. Place them in the air fryer basket, ensuring you don't overcrowd them, and bake for 35-45 minutes turning halfway.4 Sweet potatoes
- When your baked sweet potatoes are cooked, they will puff up, pierce with a fork and they should easily pierce the skin and they should be soft inside. Remove from the air fryer basket and serve immediately with butter, salt, and pepper, a sprinkling of chives, or your favorite topping! Enjoy your delicious air fryer sweet baked potatoes!4 tbsp Butter, Kosher salt, Chives, Black pepper
If you have larger or smaller potatoes than we used, then you may need more or less cooking time. It’s all about the holes!
Don’t forget to poke holes in your sweet potato, they may explode if you don’t! Watch closely
Every air fryer cooks differently, different brands and capacities can mean that your food, will need either a longer or shorter cooking time, so make sure you keep a close eye on them.
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram, for more tasty inspiration!
Did you make this recipe?
We love hearing how you went with ours recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @splash_of_taste_uk
You may also like…
Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes
Our roasted sweet potato cubes are a must-try! We take fresh sweet potatoes, cut them into bite-sized cubes, add perfect seasoning, and roast them to…
Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
Want to learn how to make the flakiest crust that will take your pies to another level? Our pie crust recipe is easy and uses…
Leave a Reply