This jiffy corn casserole recipe is perfect for your next potluck or holiday gathering! that you probably already have in your pantry and comes together in just a few minutes. It’s always a crowd pleaser – everyone will be asking for your recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
A deliciously cheesy creamy texture makes this one of our favorite corn casserole recipes.
The simplicity is perfect and it’s one less side dish to worry about!
Why you’ll love this easy casserole dish
- From side dish to star – our easy corn casserole recipe will wow!
- Perfect for potlucks, and holiday gatherings and is the ultimate comfort food!
- Great for using up leftover corn and can be made ahead of time.
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
Ingredients you’ll need
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
Our recipe used jiffy corn muffin mix, but you can use your preferred brand. With the jiffy mix make sure you buy the vegetarian version and not the original.
Feel free to use either fresh corn kernels or canned corn, the same for the creamed corn, either use fresh or canned creamed corn.
You can throw all the ingredients for this easy corn casserole into a bowl, and have it prepped in just 5 minutes – now that’s what we call easy cooking!
How to make corn casserole with step by step instructions
Making our jiffy corn casserole recipe is easy if you follow our simple ingredients.
A full printable recipe along with the measurements in both US customary and metric is available in the recipe card below.
Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C.
In a large mixing bowl, add creamed corn, whole kernel corn, muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter, and mix until combined.
Grease your casserole dish or baking dish, pour the corn mixture into it, and spread it evenly in the dish.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, remove the casserole dish from the oven, scatter shredded cheese evenly, and return to the oven until the cheese has melted approximately 5 – 10 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy your creamed corn casserole!
Recipe notes and expert tips
- Muffin mix
We used a jiffy corn muffin mix, but you can use your preferred brand.
We used sharp cheddar cheese and shredded it ourselves, trust us, the flavor is so much better than buying shredded cheese.
- Using canned corn?
If you are using canned corn then make sure you drain the corn, you don’t want a soggy casserole.
Add cream cheese for extra creaminess, sliced jalapeno peppers for a spice kick, mix in a couple of eggs for a lighter texture, or throw in some vegetarian bacon to make it a main course.
Can corn casserole be made ahead of time?
Yes, it can.
Simply follow the instructions on the recipe card up to the point of adding the shredded cheddar cheese and then cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
When you’re ready to cook your jiffy corn casserole then remove it from the fridge and let it reach room temperature, scatter the cheese on top and cook as directed.
Any leftover corn casserole can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days
It’s so easy and allows you to spend more time enjoying your friends and family and less time in the kitchen.
Can I freeze corn casserole?
Yes, you can.
This easy corn casserole recipe will freeze for up to 3 months.
What’s the difference between corn casserole and corn pudding?
Corn casserole and corn pudding are essentially the same things.
Corn casserole may have a firmer consistency, while corn pudding is softer and more pudding-like.
More easy recipes for you to try at home
If you love our corn casserole then why not try these tasty recipes?
- Cheesy broccoli casserole – a recipe you’ll want to bookmark!
- Vegan wellington – a centerpiece to wow any family dinner!
- Nut roast – crammed full of nuts and deliciousness!
- Cheesy lasagne – four layers of mouth watering cheese make this so good!
- Vegetarian stew – packed with fresh veggies and cooked in a delicious gravy!
We hope you enjoy our corn casserole and would love to hear how you got on with making it.
Please leave a comment below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
We’ve based this on Paula Deen’s corn casserole.
Corn casserole: Quick, easy and SO good
- 14¾ oz Creamed corn
- 15¼ oz Whole kernel sweet corn drained
- 8 oz Corn muffin mix
- 8 oz Sour cream
- 1 stick Butter melted
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/175°C
- Add creamed corn, sweet corn, jiffy corn muffin mix, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl and mix until combined14¾ oz Creamed corn, 15¼ oz Whole kernel sweet corn, 8 oz Corn muffin mix, 8 oz Sour cream, 1 stick Butter
- Now, pour the mixture into your greased casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes uncovered. Remove from the oven and cover with cheese and return it to the oven until the cheese has melted, approximately 5 – 10 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!1 cup Cheddar cheese
We used jiffy corn muffin mix, but you can use your preferred brand Cheese
We used sharp cheddar cheese and shredded it ourselves, trust us, the flavor is so much better than buying shredded cheese Using canned corn?
If you are using canned corn then make sure you drain the corn, you don’t want a soggy casserole
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
If you love pizza but hate soggy leftovers, then you need an air fryer in your life! You’ll always want to reheat pizza in an…
Introducing the tastiest way to enjoy a classic side dish: baked air fryer sweet potato recipe that’s as easy to make as it is delicious.…