Wonderfully visual and delicious to taste, this is an epic purple rain cocktail recipe
Think summer, sunshine and happy days. Our purple rain cocktail is the perfect drink to relax with.
What alcohol goes in a purple rain cocktail?
We use gin, vodka and blue curacao.
This great mix of alcohol gets blended with soda water, lime juice, lemon juice and then to turn it purple, we add grenadine.
Is this drink very alcoholic?
It’s definitely got a alcoholic kick to it, that’s for sure and there’s no escaping that.
You’ll see what measures we used in our purple rain cocktail below but if you want to scale down the alcohol in it, then of course you can.
You could always leave out the gin but we think the gin gives the drink a really great depth to it.
What glasses should I serve this cocktail in?
If you look at our photos, we’ve served it in a long thin highball glass which is ideal.
This type of glass really shows off the purple colour of the cocktail but there’s no hard and fast rules here, serve in the best glass that you have.
How do I make a purple rain cocktail from scratch?
We’re glad you asked that, very glad.
The simple answer is that it is very easy to make!
If you just follow our instructions below step by step, you’ll soon be amazing your friends and family with this wonderful cocktail.
If you are one of our international visitors who uses cup measurements then don’t be put off by the metric system, if you just press the button underneath the ingredients, everything will be instantly converted for you.
Let us know how you get on making the drink and most importantly – enjoy!
Purple rain cocktail
- A large jug
- Highball glasses
- 75 ml Vodka
- 75 ml Gin
- 100 ml Blue curacao
- 150 ml Grenadine
- 50 ml Lime juice
- 50 ml Lemon juice
- 300 ml Soda water
- Lime slices
- First fill your jug around half full
- Now you need to pour in your gin, vodka and blue curacao, along with the lemon and lime juice
- Now top up with the soda water
- Now the purple magic happens as it's time to add the grenadine and some more ice
- Give it a good stir (use a long handled wooden spoon if your jug is glass)
- Now half fill your glasses with ice and then pour the cocktail over them
- Garnish with a lovely fresh slice of lime
- Enjoy and get ready to make another as they are fantastic!