If you are looking for a really easy lasagne recipe, then you’ve just got to try our four cheese lasagne – it’s amazing!
This wonderful recipe is another in our ‘Cooking with our family‘ series.
This time it’s from Becky who is Janes cousins wife and a great cook.
When Becky suggested her legendary lasagne, we just had to include it as it’s always so popular at family gatherings.
Easy lasagne recipe
Like all of the recipes on our website, this is a really easy lasagne recipe.
We like to keep everything simple and easy to recreate at home.
Is there any meat in this four cheese lasagne?
Nope. This isn’t a traditional classic lasagne using beef and a tomato sauce. In fact we don’t use beef or tomatoes at all.
Instead we use cheese. A lot of delicious gooey cheese.
For cheese lovers everywhere, this is the perfect lasagne for you!
Which cheese is best for lasagne?
By mixing the cheeses like we’ve done in this lasagne, you’ll get a lovely cheesy depth to your lasagne.
We use four different types of cheese; cheddar, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan.
We also make it with a tasty cheese sauce instead of white sauce.
Just the thought of all of these cheeses in the lasagne is enough to make my mouth water!
What can I serve with four cheese lasagne?
We’d recommend serving this lovely lasagne dish with a fresh green salad.
If you wanted something a little heartier, then a chunk of crusty bread or chunky chips (fries) would also be a great option.
How do you make homemade lasagne?
It’s actually easier than you think.
It’s all about layers and good lasagne sheets (or pasta noodles for our international cooks).
You layer cheese, cheese sauce, add baby spinach, top it off with a layer of lasagne sheets (pasta noodles) and then repeat, at least twice and even better, three times.
Pop it in the oven in a large oven proof dish for 20 minutes to bake and you’ll soon be enjoying this delicious cheesy lasagne.
We’ve given you a step by step easy guide below, even you follow that, then you can’t fail.
For our international cooks who use cups, then just underneath the ingredient list, you’ll notice a toggle button – just press that and voila, they will be converted!
Please do leave a comment, rate this recipe and let us know how you enjoyed your four cheese lasagne!
FOUR CHEESE LASAGNE
- 250 g Cheddar cheese
- 500 g Ricotta
- 500 g Mozzarella
- Parmesan generous amount
- 1 Litre Milk
- 100 g Butter
- 8 tbsp Plain flour
- 250 g Baby spinach
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- Black pepper
- 12 Lasagne sheets use enough for your dish
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C
For the cheese sauce
- In a large saucepan, pour in the milk and add the butter and flour
- With the heat on medium, start to whisk your mixture. You'll need to whisk fast while the butter melts and the mixture start to boil.
- As the sauce thickens, the flour will disappear
- While the sauce is bubbling whisk for another two minutes and then add in 200g of grated cheddar until it's melted
Building the lasagne
- Cover the bottom of your dish with ricotta, then cheese sauce, then mozzarella, then baby spinach
- Season with herbs and black pepper
- Now place a layer of lasagne sheets on top
- Repeat the layer process at least once more but twice if possible
- Cover the top layer with a generous sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese
- Place the prepared lasagne in the oven and cook for 20 minutes but turn it around after 10 minutes so that you the cheese browns evenly on top
- Once it's cooked it should be bubbling and brown
- Place on a plate to serve
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Pumpkin spice muffins are the perfect way to celebrate fall. They’re packed with all the flavors of the season, including pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.…
Are you looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to chicken wings? Look no further than our Vegetarian Buffalo Fries! Our fries are coated in…