Introducing our newest and most delicious creation: Peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, with a soft and chewy texture. They’re loaded with chocolate chips and peanut butter flavors, making them irresistible. You need to try them!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Why you’ll love these tasty cookies
- Got a sweet tooth? These are bursting with chocolate and peanut butter flavor.
- They are real crowd pleasers, both kids and adults alike love them.
- Great as a snack or an after dinner treat.
- If you’re budget conscious, make a double batch and freeze them and they’ll be cheaper than store bought.
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
What ingredients do I need to make them?
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
Totally addictive, these chewy cookies packed full of peanut butter and chocolate chips, are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings, and cheer you up any day of the week!
How to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with step by step instructions
It’s easy to make our chocolate chip peanut butter cookie recipe if you follow our simple instructions.
A full printable recipe and the measurements in both US customary and metric are available in the recipe card below.
Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
Then, gradually mix in the flour mixture, then add vanilla, and the eggs one by one.
When fully combined, stir in the chocolate chips.
Using a scoop, scoop the cookie dough into balls, approximately 1½ tablespoons in, and place them on prepared baking sheets, approximately 2 inches apart.
Then, place them in the oven and bake until they are golden brown, approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
When cooked, remove them from the oven and leave them to cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
You could add extra chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips to the tops of your cookies.
Enjoy your chocolate and peanut butter cookies!
Recipe notes and expert tips
- Peanut butter
If you use natural peanut butter then ensure that the liquid is very well stirred in.
- Huge peanut butter fan?
Add some peanut butter chips in as well as chocolate.
- Prepare your sheet
Make sure you use parchment paper or silicone baking mats to stop your cookies from sticking.
- Middle rack
Place your cookie sheet on the middle rack of your oven for the best results.
Crunchy or creamy: what’s the best peanut butter to use?
There are many different types of peanut butter, but the most popular are crunchy and creamy.
Crunchy peanut butter has small pieces of peanuts in it, while creamy peanut butter is smooth with no bits.
Some people prefer crunchy chunky peanut butter because they like the texture, while others prefer creamy because it’s smoother and has a milder flavor.
There isn’t really a right or wrong answer – it’s all about personal preference!
We love the crunch that chunks of peanuts give, so we use crunchy peanut butter.
If you’re looking for a nut free recipe, try this nut free granola recipe from Fit as a Mama Bear.
Can I use any type of chocolate chips?
When it comes to baking with chocolate chips, there are a few things to consider.
First, not all chocolate chips are created equal.
There are a variety of brands, each with its own unique flavor and texture, we love these chocolate chips, they’re our all time favorites!
Second, not all recipes call for the same type of chocolate chip.
Some recipes call for semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, while others call for milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
Finally, the type of chocolate chip you choose depends on your preference.
If you’re looking for a classic chocolate chip that will work well in this recipe, go with semisweet chips.
Do I have to chill the cookie dough?
It’s not crucial to chill your cookie dough, we didn’t chill ours, we wanted a quick and easy recipe.
Naturally, if you prefer to, then please go ahead.
Why do you chill cookie dough?
When it comes to making cookies, there are a variety of methods and techniques that can be used, and we use both ways in our cookie recipes.
Chilling the dough can help the cookie to hold its shape better when it is baked. This is especially helpful if you are using a recipe that requires shaping the dough into shapes.
Chilling the dough can also help to produce more consistent results since it will cook more evenly.
You’ll also find that chilling the dough can help to prevent it from spreading too much in the oven, resulting in cookies that are thicker and more uniform in size. How do I store leftover peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
How do I store leftover peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
You can store your cookies in an airtight container for up 3 days and they’ll also freeze for up to 3 months.
More easy cookie recipes for you to try
- Christmas tree sugar cookies – perfect for gifting!
- Christmas sugar cookies – the most adorable Christmas shapes!
- Double chocolate chip cookies – crazy good!
- Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies – the best you’ll ever eat!
- Chocolate chip cookies – satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Peanut butter cookies – the perfect recipe!
We hope you enjoy making and eating our peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe and would love to hear how you got on with it.
Please leave a comment below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 stick Unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- ¾ cup Smooth peanut butter
- 3 large Eggs 2 whole eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/180°C
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside2½ cup All purpose flour, 1 tsp Baking powder, 1 tsp Baking soda, 1 tsp Salt
- Using a stand mixer or handheld electric mixer, cream butter, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Then gradually add the flour mixture, then mix in the eggs, one by one, along with the vanilla. When combined, stir in the chocolate chips1 stick Unsalted butter, ½ cup Granulated sugar, 1 cup Light brown sugar, ¾ cup Smooth peanut butter, 3 large Eggs, 2 tsp Vanilla extract, 2 cups Chocolate chips
- Using a scoop approx. 1½ tablespoons, scoop the dough mixture onto a prepared baking sheet, approx. 2 inches apart, and flatten slightly with the palm of your hands. Bake until golden brown, approx. 10 – 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave for a few minutes, if you like, add additional chocolate chips to the top of the cookies, then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy your cookies!
If you use natural peanut butter then ensure that the liquid is very well stirred in Huge peanut butter fan?
Add some peanut butter chips in as well as chocolate Prepare your sheet
Make sure you use parchment paper or silicone baking mats to stop your cookies from sticking Middle rack
Place your cookie sheet on the middle rack of your oven for the best results
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Santa Whoopie Pies are a game-changer for your holiday celebrations! It’s perfect for adding a dash of festive fun to your Christmas gatherings or for…
Simple and cozy, Mushroom Risotto is the perfect dish for those times when you want something both comforting and a bit fancy. Creamy, rich, and…