This gin and passion fruit liqueur cocktail is a wonderfully sweet and refreshing take on the classic Bramble cocktail. It’s fruity, it’s thirst-quenching and it’s delicious!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
We love the taste of fresh passion fruit, it’s an easy fruity cocktail and it reminds us of hot sunny days and long evenings sharing good times with friends.
So it seemed only natural that we would want to create an easy summer cocktail based around passion fruits.
A stunning easy summer cocktail that your friends will love
This is the cocktail of summer and it’s so very easy to make.
More Passoa cocktail recipes
We’ve got so many delicious Passoa cocktails.
What is passoa?
Passoa is a delicious passion fruit liqueur.
It’s zesty and it’s tangy and it’s bright red in colour.
Its alcohol volume is 20%.
Passoa vs chinola
Passoa is made in France and is bright red in colour, it’s made from passion fruits and citrus.
Chinola is made in the Dominican Republic and is a bright yellow liqueur and is made from green passion fruits and would be a great substitute for Passoa.
Either of these two liqueurs would be great for making cocktails.
How long will it take to make?
You’re going to love this. Our Passoa bramble can be made in 3 minutes.
Yes, it’s that quick!
What bar equipment will I need?
The good news is that you don’t need high tech bar equipment to make these cocktails.
All you’ll need is a cocktail shaker (see our tips further down if you don’t have one) and lemon juice, a jigger and a glass.
What is a cocktail jigger?
A cocktail jigger is something that bartenders measure shots in.
If you don’t have a jigger then see our tips further down as it’s not crucial for this recipe.
What gin should I use?
Gin is an important part of this Passoa cocktail, so you should use a brand that you like.
Don’t break the bank though, mid range gin will be absolutely fine.
What glass should I serve this in?
We served ours in balloon glasses but you could serve yours in a tumbler or a cocktail glass, there are no hard and fast rules with this delicious cocktail.
Serve in your chosen glass over ice cubes.
Can I use lime juice instead of lemon juice?
Yes, you can use lime juice if you prefer, naturally, it’ll change the flavour but it’ll still be delicious.
We use lime juice in many of our Passoa cocktails.
Can I make it ahead?
Yes, you absolutely can make this Passoa drink ahead!
It’s a great drink to make ahead, you can make it in batches and keep it chilled in your fridge so that it’s ready to drink when you need it.
Why do I have to shake it in a cocktail shaker?
You’re shaking your cocktail in a shaker to perfectly blend the ingredients.
By adding ice cubes to the shaker, you’re also chilling the drink before you pour it into your glass.
Tips for the perfect Passoa cocktail
- Not got a cocktail shaker?
Put all of the ingredients into a sterilised mason jar, secure the lid and then shake it for 30 seconds, it’ll do exactly the same job as a cocktail shaker.
- Don’t have a cocktail jigger?
Just use a measuring jug or a shot glass.
- Don’t have any sugar syrup?
That’s no problem, you can make your own. It’s really easy, all you’ll need to do is to put 300ml of caster sugar and 150ml in a pan and on low heat gently dissolve the sugar and once it’s all dissolved, let it cool.
How do I make it?
This sweet easy to make Passoa cocktail is made in just 4 minutes and is so simple!
First, gather your ingredients, you’ll need Passoa, gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup.
Next, get your equipment, you’ll need a cocktail shaker, a jigger, a lemon juicer and a glass.
In your cocktail shaker, add 20ml of Passoa passion fruit liqueur and then add 50ml of gin.
Next, add 20ml of lemon juice and then 10ml of sugar syrup.
Add the pulp of half of fresh passion fruit.
Add a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker and then secure the lid.
Shake vigorously for around 30 seconds and then pour the delicious mixture into your cocktail glass.
The passion fruit pulp will create a natural garnish for your drinks.
You’ve just made your very first passion fruit bramble cocktail!
Cheers, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy our cocktail recipes as much as we do.
We love hearing what you think of our cocktail recipes so please leave a comment or ask a question below.
If you use a different measuring system than us, then just press the toggle button underneath the list of ingredients and it’ll instantly convert them for you.
More fruity cocktails for you to try
- Lemon drop martini – this is an awesome lemon powerhouse that you must try!
- Watermelon margarita – using fresh watermelon juice, we transform this classic cocktail.
- Pornstar martini – an epic sophisticated, easy to make passion fruit style queen!
- Raspberry mojito – impress your friends with a refreshing, minty, raspberry cocktail.
Passion fruit bramble
- In your cocktail shaker, add your Passoa passion fruit liqueur and then add your gin
- Next, add your lemon juice and then sugar syrup
- Add the pulp of half of fresh passion fruit
- Now add a handful of ice to the cocktail shaker and then secure the lid
- Shake vigorously for around 30 seconds and then pour the delicious mixture into your cocktail glass
- The passion fruit pulp will create a natural garnish for your drinks
- You've just made your very first passion fruit bramble cocktail. Cheers, and enjoy!
- If you don’t have a cocktail shaker then put all of the ingredients into a sterilised jar, secure the lid and then shake it for 30 seconds, it’ll do exactly the same job as a cocktail shaker
- Don’t have a cocktail jigger? Just use a measuring jug
- Don’t have any sugar syrup? That’s no problem, you can make your own. It’s really easy, all you’ll need to do is to put 300ml of caster sugar and 150ml in a pan and on low heat gently dissolve the sugar and once it’s all dissolved, let it cool
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
A Kir Royale is the perfect way to add a touch of luxury to any occasion. Made with Champagne and crème de cassis, this classic…
This classic aviation cocktail recipe is the perfect drink for any occasion! Whether you’re celebrating a special event or just enjoying a night in with…