One forkful of these perfectly formed mini Malteser cheesecakes and you’ll be in heaven! Rich, creamy, chocolatey, and looking sensational! There’s no need to spend money on expensive store bought desserts, you CAN make them yourself!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
Why you’ll love this easy no bake cheesecake recipe
What ingredients do I need?
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photo below.
Serve these after dinner and people can’t help but be impressed, but they are deceptively easy to make!
Why make a no bake cheesecake?
No bake cheesecakes are so easy, but while they may be commonplace for some, for others not baking a cheesecake is a little alien.
Someone once said to us “I could just spread cream cheese on a cracker – I just don’t get it. “
That’s fair enough if you’ve never tried a no bake cheesecake before.
But it couldn’t be further from the truth.
Combining cream cheese, with heavy cream (double cream), and powdered sugar (icing sugar) means you have a gloriously rich, thick filling.
And there’s no chance of it cracking either, whereas baked cheesecakes sometimes do.
If you’re on the fence about them, then give them a try – you may just fall in love with them!
Are Maltesers the same as Whoppers?
They are similar but not exactly the same.
Maltesers are large, shiny, a little less dense, and made by Mars.
Whoppers are smaller, denser, and are made by Hershey’s.
What equipment do I need?
You’ll need a food processor or a handheld electric mixer, a mixing bowl, and a muffin tin with removable bases.
How do I store the cheesecakes?
Our Malteser cheesecakes will store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
They can also be frozen and will keep for up to 2 months.
Recipe notes and expert tips
More easy cheesecake recipes for you to try
If you love our mini no bake Malteser cheesecake recipe, then you should check these easy recipes out!
How to make no bake mini Malteser cheesecakes with step by step instructions
It’s easy to make our mini Malteser cheesecake recipe if you follow our simple instructions.
For the bases
Place your Graham crackers or digestive biscuits in a food processor and blitz until they are smooth crumbs.
Transfer them to a large mixing bowl, then add melted butter and stir to fully combine.
Next, place the crumb mixture in individual portions in your muffin tin.
Use the back of a teaspoon to press the mixture down so it is compact.
Place the muffin tin in the fridge to chill.
For the cheesecake filling
Place your Maltesers (or Whoppers) in a sandwich bag and bash them gently with a rolling pin.
You want crushed Maltesers, but they still need to be a little chunky, then set aside.
Now add full fat cream cheese, powdered sugar (icing sugar), and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
Using a handheld electric whisk, whisk the mixture until it’s a smooth consistency.
Then, add heavy cream (double cream) and whisk until it becomes very thick and can keep its shape.
Next, stir in the crushed Maltesers (Whoppers) until they are evenly distributed in the cheesecake mixture.
Now, using a tablespoon add the cheesecake mix on top of the crumb base, ensuring that the mixture is equally distributed, and the tops are smooth.
Place them in the fridge and chill for a minimum of 5 hours, preferably overnight.
When you are ready to serve, remove the mini Malteser cheesecakes from the muffin tin.
You may like to decorate your Malteser cheesecakes with Maltesers (Whoppers).
Serve immediately and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy making and eating our no bake Malteser cheesecakes and would love to hear how you got on with making them.
Please leave a comment below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
No bake mini Malteser cheesecake
For the bases
- 11 oz Graham crackers or digestive biscuits
- 5 oz Butter melted
For the fillings
- 7 oz Maltesers chopped or roughly crushed
- 1.7 lb Full fat cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 450 oz Powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 10 floz Heavy cream (double cream)
For the decoration
- 1¼ oz Milk chocolate melted
- Maltesers optional
For the base
- Place your Graham crackers or digestive biscuits in a food processor and blitz them until they are crumbs. Then, place them in a mixing bowl and add melted butter, stir thoroughly to combine. Now, press the crumb mixture into the individual sections of a muffin tin and press the crumbs down so you create even and compacted bases. Place the pan in the fridge to chill11 oz Graham crackers or digestive biscuits, 5 oz Butter
For the filling
- Roughly chop or crush your Maltesers and set them aside7 oz Maltesers
- In a mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese, vanilla bean paste, and powdered sugar (icing sugar), until it’s a smooth consistency. If you have a food processor with a whisk use this, if not use a handheld electric hand whisk. Now, add the heavy cream (double cream) until it becomes very thick, it should be able to hold its shape1.7 lb Full fat cream cheese, 1 tsp Vanilla bean paste, 450 oz Powdered sugar (icing sugar), 10 floz Heavy cream (double cream)
- Then, stir in the crushed Maltesers until they are evenly distributed in the cheesecake filling. Place the filling on top of your crumb bases and smooth them so they are flat. Place the cheesecakes in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 5 hours, but preferably overnight so they can be fully set
- When you are ready to serve, melt the milk chocolate and pipe it over the top of the cheesecakes, and, if you’d like, place additional Maltesers on top of the cakes. Serve and enjoy your Malteser cheesecakes!
Use digestives, or Graham crackers, please note we haven’t made it with malted milk biscuits
Malted milk powder
Some recipes call for malted milk powder, we don’t feel it’s needed
Don’t go low
Use full fat cream cheese or your mini Malteser cheesecake won’t set properly
Take it out of the fridge
Ensure that you use room temperature cream cheese, so it’s easy to mix
Decorate your cheesecakes with swirls of whipped cream.
Keep in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 days and freeze for up to 2 months
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Get ready for the best waffles you’ve ever tasted! Our delicious homemade waffle recipe will make breakfast time your favorite part of the day! Fluffy…
There’s nothing like a rich, velvety slice of red velvet cake. It’s the perfect mix of sweetness and sophistication. And when you bite into that…