This pineapple cheese ball recipe is a fun and easy way to make a delicious appetizer for your next party! The sweet and tangy flavor of the pineapple pairs perfectly with the rich and creamy cheese, and the crunchy pecans add a nice contrast. It’ll be a real crowd pleaser at your next holiday gathering!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
We love cheese and always make sure there’s enough cheese for our guests, our cheese ball recipe became legendary, so we decided to make a fruity twist on it!
Why you’ll love this easy appetizer recipe
- There’s no cooking involved, and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- The perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas appetizer, both young and old love this cheese ball!
- You can make it ahead leaving you more time to spend with your guests.
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
Ingredients you’ll need
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph
There’s always one appetizer that gets eaten quickly, that everyone wants the recipe for and this is it!
How to make a pineapple cheese ball with step by step instructions
Making our pineapple cheese ball recipe is easy if you follow our simple instructions.
A full printable recipe and the measurements in both US customary and metric are available in the recipe card below.
In a large bowl, beat your softened cream cheese until smooth.
Now make sure that your crushed pineapple is very well drained, if it has too much liquid then it will make the cheese ball very soft and runny.
Then, mix in your crushed pineapple, green onions, green bell pepper, Cayenne pepper, lemon zest, kosher salt (you can substitute for seasoned salt if you prefer), and ½ cup of chopped pecans and walnuts.
Scrape down the bowl and, using your hands, shape the cheese mixture into a ball shape.
Wrap the pineapple cheese ball in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for a minimum of two hours, preferably overnight.
When you are ready to serve your pineapple pecan cheese ball, roll it in the remaining pecans and walnuts, so it’s evenly covered.
Place on a serving plate and serve with crackers or vegetable sticks.
Enjoy your delicious cheese ball!
Recipe notes and expert tips
- Split it
Instead of making one large cheese ball, divide the mixture and make mini cheese balls.
It’s important that your cream cheese is softened, remove it from the fridge and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes.
We’ve not used garlic in this savory cheese ball recipe but if you love it then add garlic powder.
- Drain well
It’s important to drain your crushed pineapple well or it will make your cheese ball very soft.
How do I store pineapple cheese ball?
Your pineapple cheese ball will store when kept covered or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
You can also wrap it in plastic wrap and freeze it for up to one month BUT we don’t think it freezes too well, the texture is never the same once defrosted, so we recommend you eat it within the week.
What to serve with a cheese ball
Crackers are the ideal accompaniment to a cheese ball, we’ve served ours with Ritz crackers but use your favorite brand.
Vegetable sticks, carrots, cucumber, or celery are great to dip in the cheese.
Apple slices or just a chunk of crusty bread will work so well.
More easy appetizer recipes for you to try at home
If you like our pineapple cheese ball recipe, then why not try these easy recipes?
- Caprese bites – Brightly colored and bursting with flavor, they make easy party appetizers!
- Mini goat cheese balls – Red, yellow, and green festive cheese balls that make a real impression!
- Baked brie – Insanely good cheese appetizer that’s ridiculously easy to make.
- Air fried potato skins – Cheesy potato skins are made easily in your air fryer.
Pineapple cheese ball recipe
- 16 oz Cream cheese softened
- 8 oz Pineapple crushed and very well drained
- ½ cup Green onions finely chopped
- ½ cup Green pepper finely diced
- ½ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ Lemon zest
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¾ cups Pecans chopped and divided
- ¾ cups Walnuts chopped and divided
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your cream cheese until smooth. Then stir in the pineapple, onions, green pepper, Cayenne pepper, lemon zest, salt, and ½ cup of pecans and walnuts. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then, using your hands, shape the cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 2 hours but preferably overnight16 oz Cream cheese, 8 oz Pineapple, ½ cup Green onions, ½ cup Green pepper, ½ tsp Cayenne pepper, ½ Lemon zest, 1 tsp Salt, ¾ cups Pecans
- When you are ready to serve, roll the cheese ball evenly in the remaining pecans and walnuts, serve and enjoy!
Instead of making one large cheese ball, divide the mixture and make mini cheese balls Soft
It’s important that your cream cheese is softened, remove it from the fridge and leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes Garlic
We’ve not used garlic in this savory cheese ball recipe but if you love it then add garlic powder Drain well
It’s important to drain your crushed pineapple well or it will make your cheese ball very soft
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram, for more tasty inspiration!
Did you make this recipe?
We love hearing how you went with ours recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @splash_of_taste_uk
You may also like…
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
Looking for a snack that’s both healthy and delicious? Look no further than our air fryer sweet potato cubes! Say goodbye to boring, bland snacks…
Air Fryer Vegan Ham
Who says vegans can’t enjoy holiday ham? Our air fryer vegan ham recipe will have you feeling festive and satisfied in no time. If you’re…
Leave a Reply