A glass of champagne is the perfect way to start any celebration. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, the holidays, or just life itself, champagne cocktails will add some extra fun! And what could be more festive than sipping on a sparkling glass of champagne?
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you!
But sometimes you need something extra special – right?
That’s where our champagne cocktail comes in!
Why you’ll love this classy cocktail
- It’s the perfect cocktail for a party, Christmas, or New Year’s Eve cocktail.
- Quick and easy, this cocktail will take just 2 minutes to make.
- A real crowd pleaser, everyone loves a champagne cocktail!
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
Ingredients you’ll need
You’ll need all the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
Champagne cocktails just scream stylish celebrations and this is one we serve at all our New Years Eve parties!
How to make a champagne cocktail with step by step instructions
Making our champagne cocktail is easy if you follow our simple instructions.
A full printable recipe and the measurements in both US customary and metric are available in the recipe card below.
Gently tilt your chilled champagne flute and pour the champagne into the glass, straightening it as it fills.
Garnish with a lemon twist, serve immediately, and enjoy – cheers!
We hope you enjoy making and drinking our champagne cocktail and would love to hear how you got on with making it.
Please leave a comment below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Recipe notes and expert tips
Buy the best you can afford but don’t break the bank. You can also use sparkling wine, prosecco, or cremant.
- No sugar cube?
Use simple syrup instead.
You can’t store these cocktails or make them ahead as they will go flat.
Add crème de cassis and make a kir royale.
Try a classic mimosa, simply mix orange juice and champagne, or substitute the orange juice for orange liqueur and orange syrup.
Or how about a margherita mimosa? You’ll need champagne, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and orange juice.
A blushing mimosa is made with champagne, grenadine, and pineapple juice.
Apple cider mimosa is an easy drink made with apple cider, cinnamon whiskey and champagne.
What’s the best champagne to use?
There’s nothing quite like a bubbly champagne cocktail. But what’s the best champagne to use for this classic drink?
Here are three of our favorite champagnes to use in a champagne cocktail:
1. Veuve Clicquot Brut Yellow Label: This is a delicious, full-bodied champagne that has notes of citrus. It’s perfect for making a classic champagne cocktail.
2. Taittinger Brut Reserve: This champagne is another great option for a champagne cocktail. It has a slightly fruity flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients in a cocktail.
3. Dom Pérignon: This is the ULTIMATE luxury champagne, with a luxury price tag, but it makes an amazing champagne cocktail.
Can I use sparkling wine?
Although this is a classic champagne cocktail, there’s no reason why you can’t use sparkling wine if you don’t have champagne.
Just make sure you pick a dry sparkling wine or the cocktail will be very sweet.
Best cocktail glass to use
We recommend using a chilled champagne flute for this cocktail.
If you haven’t got one, then use a tall glass or you could use a coupe cocktail glass.
Can you make this ahead?
No, you can’t.
If you were to pour your champagne ahead of time, you would lose all of the fizz and end up with a flat drink which wouldn’t be enjoyable.
More cocktail recipes for you to try at home
If you like our champagne cocktail, then why not try these easy cocktail recipes?
- Cosmopolitan – made with Cointreau, cranberry juice, and vodka.
- Sidecar cocktail – made with Cointreau, cognac, and lemon juice.
- Manhattan cocktail – made with Angostura bitters, whiskey rye, and sweet vermouth.
- French martini – made with pineapple juice, vodka, and Chambord.
- Dirty martini – made with vermouth, vodka, and olive brine.
- Soak a sugar cube in 5 dashes of Angostura bitters and add it to a champagne flute. Tilt your champagne glass and pour the champagne slowly in, straightening the glass as it fills. Garnish with a lemon twist. Serve immediately, enjoy and cheers!1 Sugar cube, 3 dashes Angostura bitters, 1 glass Champagne, Lemon twist
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
If you love pizza but hate soggy leftovers, then you need an air fryer in your life! You’ll always want to reheat pizza in an…
Introducing the tastiest way to enjoy a classic side dish: baked air fryer sweet potato recipe that’s as easy to make as it is delicious.…