The only vegan Thai coconut curry soup recipe you’ll ever want to try!
I have to say, that just typing the words ‘vegan Thai coconut curry soup‘ really does make my mouth water.
This recipe always knocks our socks off – it really is so delicious and the flavours are out of this world.
All of a sudden I was transported to a beach side Thai restaurant on the sublime island of Koh Lanta…
But how can it be vegan as don’t all Thai dishes use fish sauce?
It’s a good point, a lot do but not this one, so it’s totally safe for vegans to eat.
We always recommend that if you are a vegan, or you’re cooking for a vegan, that you check the ingredients of any prepacked ingredient that you are using.
All brands vary and sometimes even the most trusted of brands change their ingredients.
So by checking each time, you can be certain that no unwanted ingredients are in your curry.
The soup that’s also a main meal
If you’ve ever been to Thailand, (and if you haven’t then you really should if you get the chance) then you’ll know that a lot of Thai curries are a soupy consistency.
This particular coconut curry is a soupy consistency, so it’s great eating as a soup.
But if you want to bulk it out and make it into a main vegetarian meal, then it’s easily done by adding some rice.
We tend to choose brown rice with our coconut curry as we like the crunch to it.
But you can choose whichever rice you think suitable.
How do I make a vegan Thai coconut curry soup from scratch
We’ve fine tuned our curry and given you step by step instructions below, so it’s very straightforward to follow.
If you are an international visitor to our blog that uses cups, then please just use the toggle button below the ingredient list and you’ll have instantly converted the amounts to the measures that you are used to.
Please enjoy your Thai curry and feel free to leave a comment and let us know how you enjoyed it!
Vegan Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe
- 1½ tbsp Coconut oil
- 5 Large carrots diced
- 1 Large sweet potato diced
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Large red pepper fine strips
- 4 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 4¼ cups Vegetable stock
- 1⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 5 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz Frozen peas
- First, heat your coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan1½ tbsp Coconut oil
- Put in your carrot and sweet potato chunks and let them cook for approximately 8 – 10 minutes making sure you give them an occasional stir5 Large carrots, 1 Large sweet potato
- Next, it's time to put in your onion, red pepper, and mince in the garlic, cook this for 3 – 5 minutes1 Onion, 1 Large red pepper, 4 Cloves of Garlic
- Now, add in vegetable stock, coconut milk, sriracha sauce, Thai red curry paste, salt and pepper and give it a good stir and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a low simmer for 15 minutes4¼ cups Vegetable stock, 1⅔ cups Coconut milk, 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce, 5 tbsp Thai red curry paste, Salt and pepper
- Now, its time to add the peas and cook for around 5 – 10 minutes8 oz Frozen peas
- Serve in bowls, with or without rice, and get ready to enjoy this wonderful soup
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
Did you make this recipe?
We love hearing how you went with ours recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @splash_of_taste_uk
You may also like…
Get your crunch on with these vegetarian Parmesan croutons
These vegetarian parmesan croutons are the perfect addition to any salad or soup! They’re packed with flavor and add a nice crunch. Plus, they’re super…
Carrot and parsnip soup
Creamy carrot and parsnip soup, slightly sweet flavors with a hint of cumin and a sprinkling of spice, add a slice of crusty bread, and…
Leave a Reply