Easy cheesy beans pasta is a surprisingly good comfort food and a great store cupboard meal
A brilliant, quick and easy store cupboard meal.
Mums easy cheesy beans pasta! It just had to be included!
This is Jane’s mum, Janet and she comes up with some cracking time saving ideas.
You know what it’s like, your in a hurry, you just don’t have the time or inclination to cook something elaborate or time consuming.
You need food from your store cupboard ingredients and you need it now!
Well, this is where Mums easy cheesy beans pasta comes in to it’s own.
Cooked in just 12 minutes, cost effective, very filling and ridiculously simple to make.
It’s always a firm favourite and good to have up your sleeve.
A perfect store cupboard meal recipe
Mums easy cheesy beans pasta relies on just four ingredients but you can always play around and add extras.
Pasta, cheese, baked beans and a tin of sweetcorn. If you don’t like sweetcorn then just leave it out – it’s totally up to you.
It’s a very simple quick recipe, scroll down to see the step by step instructions.
Is Mums easy cheesy beans pasta good for students to make?
Oh most definitely. It’s simple. Incredibly simple and once you make it, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself!
What sort of cheese should you use for this pasta dish?
We use cheddar cheese for this dish, it melts really well and compliments the pasta and beans.
You can easily make this vegetarian by using vegetarian cheese, which are pretty easy to come by these days.
How do I make this pasta store cupboard meal from scratch?
Well the answer is that you make it very quickly and very easily.
The full recipe and step by step guide is below but please do feel free to go off piste and add and amend ingredients accordingly.
For our international visitors that use cups, then just press the toggle button after the ingredients and you’ll have an instant conversion.
Mums easy cheesy beans pasta store cupboard meal
- 2 x Large saucepans
- 2 x Wooden spoons
- 415 g Baked beans
- 198 g Sweetcorn
- 180 g Penne pasta or whatever pasta you have in the cupboard
- 150 g Cheddar cheese
- Boil a small saucepan of water
- When it's boiling place the pasta in and cook for approximately 12 minutes but check the recommended cooking time on the packet
- Meanwhile, in a larger saucepan, gently heat the baked beans and the drained sweetcorn
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then add it to the beans and sweetcorn
- Add in most of the cheese, holding a little back for topping, and cook for approximately 3 – 5 minutes
- Serve in a bowl with the remainder of the grated cheese on top
- Enjoy (it's that simple!)