Comfort food doesn’t get much easier than cheesy beans pasta! Perfect for a busy midweek meal, when you’re in a hurry but want something hot and filling. Dinner has never been so easy!
Why you’ll love this easy pasta recipe
- You’ve probably already got all the ingredients.
- No skill is needed for this dish, anyone can make it!
- Perfect if you’re on a budget and great for students.
- All the ingredients are 100% vegetarian.
Ingredients you’ll need
- Pasta – any pasta will do, we usually use penne pasta or macaroni, but use anything you’ve got at home.
- Cheese – we use extra mature cheddar, make sure you use grated cheese, and it’s best if you grate the cheese yourself for extra flavor.
- Baked beans – just your regular canned beans, use whichever brand you prefer.
- Sweetcorn – you don’t have to use sweetcorn, but we love how it adds a lighter touch to the dish.
How to make cheesy beans pasta with step by step instructions
Bring a pan of salted water to a boil.
Add your pasta and cook according to the packet instructions. While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pan, gently heat the baked beans and sweetcorn.
Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and add it to the bean mixture. Add in 2/3 of the grated cheese and stir to combine. Make sure you have coated all the pasta with the cheesy beans sauce.
Transfer to bowls, scatter the remaining grated cheese, serve and enjoy!
Easy cheesy beans pasta is a surprisingly good comfort food and a great store cupboard meal
A brilliant, quick, and easy store cupboard meal.
Mum’s easy cheesy beans pasta! It just had to be included!
This is Jane’s mum, Janet and she comes up with some cracking time-saving ideas.
You know what it’s like, you’re in a hurry, and you just don’t have the time or inclination to cook something elaborate or time consuming.
You need food from your store cupboard ingredients and you need it now!
Well, this is where Mum’s easy cheesy beans pasta comes into its own.
Cooked in just 12 minutes, cost effective, very filling, and ridiculously simple to make.
It’s always a firm favorite and good to have up your sleeve.
A perfect store cupboard meal recipe
Mum’s easy cheesy bean pasta relies on just four ingredients but you can always play around and add extras.
Pasta, cheese, baked beans, and a tin of sweetcorn. If you don’t like sweetcorn then just leave it out – it’s totally up to you.
Is Mums easy cheesy beans pasta good for students to make?
Oh most definitely. It’s simple. Incredibly simple and once you make it, you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of it yourself!
What sort of cheese should you use for this pasta dish?
We use cheddar cheese for this dish, it melts really well and compliments the pasta and beans.
You can easily make this vegetarian by using vegetarian cheese, which is pretty easy to come by these days.
More easy recipes for you to try at home
If you like our cheesy beans pasta, then why not try these easy vegetarian recipes?
- Pesto pasta – delicious and SO easy to make!
- Margherita pizza – we show you how easy it is to make this Italian classic at home!
- Peri peri fries – ditch the expensive takeaways and make your own at home!
- Gigi Hadid’s pasta – creamy, cheesy, and with an awesome vodka sauce.
- Tomato risotto – a vegan risotto that’s cheesy and full of flavor!
Mums easy cheesy beans pasta store cupboard meal
- 180 g Penne pasta or whatever pasta you have in the cupboard
- 415 g Baked beans
- 198 g Sweetcorn drained
- 150 g Cheddar cheese grated
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil, then add pasta, stir and cook according to the packet instructions.180 g Penne pasta
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, gently heat the baked beans and the drained sweetcorn. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and then add it to the beans and sweetcorn and stir. Add ⅔ of the cheese and stir until the cheese has melted415 g Baked beans, 198 g Sweetcorn, 150 g Cheddar cheese
- Serve in a bowl and scatter he remainder of the grated cheese on top. Enjoy your quick dinner!
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
If you love pizza but hate soggy leftovers, then you need an air fryer in your life! You’ll always want to reheat pizza in an…
Introducing the tastiest way to enjoy a classic side dish: baked air fryer sweet potato recipe that’s as easy to make as it is delicious.…