A mixture of dried herbs that recreate store-bought poultry seasoning perfectly, and so much more cost-effective. We’re always reaching for the poultry seasoning when cooking and making your own seasoning means you can get the blend of herbs perfect for you and your family.
It may be a strange recipe to feature on a vegetarian and vegan website, ‘poultry seasoning’ doesn’t seem to fit, does it?
But that’s where you’re wrong because our homemade poultry seasoning is not designed to be used on our feathered friends but on our tasty vegan chicken burger!
Tasty vegan chicken seasoning, that’s quick, easy and cost effective
So relax and know that this recipe is all about seasoning, and we have to say, it’s pretty tasty seasoning too!
You can make this in 2 minutes flat, it’ll be tastier and more cost-effective than any store-bought poultry seasoning.
Is it vegan?
Yes, our homemade poultry seasoning is 100% vegan!
Is poultry seasoning the same as chicken seasoning
Yes, it is, there is no difference between poultry seasoning and chicken seasoning.
Is it gluten free?
Yes, our homemade poultry seasoning is gluten-free.
What herbs are in it?
A special blend of herbs that are commonly used for seasoning chicken and turkey but still work incredibly well on vegan and vegetarian versions of chicken and turkey.
The herbs we use are sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, ground black pepper, and ground nutmeg.
What can I use it in?
Apart from using it on our vegan chicken burger, stuffing recipe and you can use it in soups and stews.
Use poultry seasoning on vegetarian and vegan chicken and turkey, which makes it great for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Can I serve this to a vegan at Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Yes, you can.
It’s a great seasoning to use on a meal for a vegan or vegetarian Thanksgiving or Christmas.
How can I store it?
We use dry herbs, which means that you can make a batch of it and then store it in an airtight container.
This way, you’ll always have your homemade poultry seasoning to hand whenever you need it.
Recipe notes and tips
- Batch make your homemade poultry seasoning, just increase the number of teaspoons in our recipe card.
- To preserve the freshness of your seasoning, always keep it in an airtight container and out of direct sunlight., it’ll stay fresh for longer this way.
How do you make it?
Our homemade poultry seasoning recipe is so easy to make if you follow our simple instructions below.
To a small bowl, add dried sage, then add dried thyme and dried marjoram.
Then add dried rosemary, ground black pepper, and then finallyground nutmeg.
Then you need to blend them, so give your ingredients a good stir so they perfectly mix and blend together.
You could use a blender, but it seems a little excessive to us when a good stir will do.
They will smell really good now.
That’s it! That’s all there is to it, it’s ready to use.
We told you it was easy, didn’t we!
We hope you find making our homemade poultry seasoning recipe quick and easy and agree that the flavor of the herbs is perfect for your dishes.
We’d love to hear your feedback and if you have any questions please leave them in the comment section below.
EASY POULTRY SEASONING
- 8 tsp Dried sage
- 6 tsp Dried thyme
- 4 tsp Dried marjoram
- 2 tsp Dried rosemary
- ½ tsp Ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- To a small bowl, add your dried sage, then add your dried thyme and dried marjoram8 tsp Dried sage, 6 tsp Dried thyme, 4 tsp Dried marjoram
- Then add dried rosemary, ground black pepper and then finally, ground nutmeg2 tsp Dried rosemary, ½ tsp Ground black pepper, ¼ tsp Ground nutmeg
- Then you need to blend them, so give your ingredients a good stir so they perfectly mix and blend together. You could use a blender, but it seems a little excessive to us when a good stir will do
- They will smell really good now. That's it! That's all there is to it, it's ready to use. We told you it was easy, didn't we
- Batch make your homemade poultry seasoning, just increase the number of teaspoons in our recipe card
- To preserve the freshness of your seasoning, always keep it in an airtight container and out of direct sunlight., it’ll stay fresh for longer this way
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
If you love pizza but hate soggy leftovers, then you need an air fryer in your life! You’ll always want to reheat pizza in an…
Air fryers are all the rage and for good reason. They make crispy, delicious food with minimal effort. This air fryer frozen Brussels sprouts recipe is a…