Our pineapple tequila cocktail just proves that there is beauty in simplicity. Full of pineapple flavor, this tequila-based cocktail is so light and tropical. We’ve made this easy cocktail for years, unexpected guests love it and with just 4 ingredients, we show you how easy it is to make a refreshing summer cocktail.
Why you’ll love our pineapple tequila cocktail
- It’s ridiculously easy to make, with 4 ingredients, it’ll take just two minutes to make.
- It’s a great refreshing summer drink to make for unexpected guests, something quick, easy but special.
- It’s a perfect party cocktail, you can batch make it, store it in the fridge to keep it chilled and then serve when your guests arrive.
What tequila should I use?
Our pineapple tequila cocktail just screams summer, just look at it and you can’t help but smile. On a hot summer’s day, do yourself a favor and cool down with this refreshing tropical drink.
Do I use triple sec or Cointreau?
Both triple sec and Cointreau are orange liqueurs.
Triple sec tends to be a less expensive orange liqueur and is lower in alcohol volume.
Cointreau is more expensive; it contains more alcohol and it’s smoother than triple sec.
So you’d think that you’d opt for Cointreau – right?
Not always, no.
If you want to keep the alcohol content down in your pineapple tequila but still have all of the flavor, you’d choose triple sec.
And let’s face it, you don’t always want to use more expensive brands to mix in cocktails.
You do you, whichever you choose, you’ll soon be enjoying a deliciously refreshing summer cocktail.
Freshly squeezed pineapple juice Vs store-bought
We always advocate that fresh is best, but sometimes you just can’t buy a lovely ripe pineapple, or you simply don’t have time or inclination to juice it yourself.
This is when store-bought pineapple juice comes in.
If you are going to use store-bought, then buy the best juice that you can afford, as pineapple juice is the main component of this delicious cocktail.
How to juice a pineapple
The first thing you have to do is to peel your pineapple and remove all of its hard eyes.
Then you can either blend it but it will give a thicker consistency, so we don’t recommend juicing it this way for your pineapple tequila cocktail.
The second way, but more time-consuming, is to cut your pineapple into manageable chunks and squeeze them in your fruit juicer, you’ll then achieve a more juice-like consistency that will be ideal for your cocktail.
Taste the juice before you add it to your cocktail, you may need to add a little sugar syrup to take away the tartness if it’s not a super juicy pineapple.
What can I garnish this cocktail with?
We’ve opted for the obvious choice of a pineapple wedge, it’s chunky, it looks great on the glass and it’s a perfect flavor combination.
If you want to mix it up a little bit though, you could always garnish with mint sprigs.
Recipe tips and notes
- Use a sphere ice cube instead of the usual smaller square ones, you’ll only need one for your cocktail and it’ll melt more slowly, meaning your cocktail will stay cooler longer.
- Make a batch, just use the multiplier in our recipe card to work out the measurements for your desired quantities.
- Making ahead?
Mix your tequila cocktail and store it in the fridge to keep it chilled but DON’T leave the ice cubes in or they’ll slowly melt and dilute your cocktail.
How to make a pineapple tequila cocktail with step-by-step instructions
A full printable version of this great recipe with all ingredient measurements is available at the bottom of this post.
Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes, then add tequila and triple sec or Cointreau.
Now pour in the pineapple juice, squeeze a lime wedge into it and garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge.
That’s as difficult as it gets – enjoy your refreshing pineapple tequila cocktail and cheers!
More fruity tequila cocktails you’ll love
- Tequila sunrise– 3 ingredients and just 2 minutes to make this stunning classic tequila cocktail!
- Frozen strawberry margarita – on a hot summer’s day, a frozen margarita is the perfect way to cool down!
- Classic margarita – one of the worlds most popular 3 ingredient cocktail, we show you how easy it is to make!
- Cranberry margarita – full of delicious cranberry flavor, this is a stunning Christmas cocktail!
EASY PINEAPPLE TEQUILA
- Ice cubes
- 50 ml Tequila
- 15 ml Triple sec
- 120 ml Pineapple juice
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes, then add tequila and triple sec or CointreauIce cubes, 50 ml Tequila, 15 ml Triple sec
- Now pour in the pineapple juice, squeeze a lime wedge into it and garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge120 ml Pineapple juice
- That's as difficult as it gets – enjoy your refreshing pineapple tequila cocktail and cheers!
- Use a sphere ice cube instead of the usual smaller square ones, you’ll only need one for your cocktail and it’ll melt more slowly, meaning your cocktail will stay cooler longer
- Make a batch, just use the multiplier in our recipe card to work out the measurements for your desired quantities
- Making ahead?
Mix your tequila cocktail and store it in the fridge to keep it chilled but DON’T leave the ice cubes in or they’ll slowly melt and dilute your cocktail