Super easy no bake lemon tart recipe
This wonderful no-bake lemon tart dessert is a delight to both make and, of course, to eat!
This lemon tart is delicious and decadent feeling, it’s like you’ve spent quite some time getting it just right.
Well, you won’t have because the preparation is really easy, you don’t even have to bake it and the longest part of the process is leaving it to chill in the fridge.
Lemon tart with condensed milk, a great ingredient for success!
When you combine condensed milk, double cream, fresh lemons and a bag of digestive biscuits, something magical happens.
You create a wonderfully silky soft lemony texture that simply is delicious!
Is this really a no bake lemon tart?
This version is 100% no-bake.
BUT if you want to firm up the biscuit base just a little more then you can do so by popping it in the oven for 8 minutes – and what’s 8 minutes anyway?
The lemon tart will be delicious if you bake the base or not and is definitely something that should appear on your family table.
Do I use fresh lemons or lemon juice?
You really do need to use fresh lemons as not only do you get a wonderful taste but you also need to zest them into the mixture.
You also need their fresh juice.
I don’t live in the UK, what can I use instead of digestive biscuits?
We know that a lot of our American friends use Graham crackers as they are pretty similar to digestive biscuits and give the same base.
Where can I find the recipe?
It’s here, directly below and for anyone using cups, please press the convertor button, and hey presto, all the ingredients will be in cups!
NO BAKE LEMON TART
For the base
- 8 oz Digestive biscuits or Graham Crackers – we like a thick base as it holds better, but you can use half the amount if you like a thinner base
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar
For the filling
- 12 oz Condensed milk
- 1¼ cups Heavy cream (double)
- 2 Large lemons zest and juice
- The zest or slices of a lemon this is optional
For the base
- Put the biscuits in a sealed bag (we use sandwich bags) and carefully crush them with a rolling pin, being careful not to split the bag8 oz Digestive biscuits
- In a pan, melt the butter, then add the sugar and slowly add in the biscuit crumbs and mix together. Press the crumb mixture firmly into your dish/es if you are using small cases. Optional: If you want the bases more secure then you can bake them for 8 minutes in the oven 160°C/320°F then remove from the oven and give them time to cool.½ cup Unsalted butter, 2 tbsp Caster sugar
For the filling
- In your mixing bowl put your condensed milk, heavy cream, and finely grated lemon zest. Slowly add the juice of both lemons, a little at a time, and continually whisk until it thickens.12 oz Condensed milk, 1¼ cups Heavy cream (double), 2 Large lemons
- Once the base/s are cool, pour your mixture into the dish/es and leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight ideally. Garnish with lemon slices or zestThe zest or slices of a lemon
- Super easy, super lemony – serve and enjoy!
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.