Delicious chili potatoes wrapped in naan bread with raita, lettuce, and tomato, you will love our Indian chili potato naanwich. You can say goodbye to wasteful leftovers and hello to a tasty, filling lunch the next day. Naanwiches are a genius way of enjoying your food all over again.
Why you’ll love this easy naanwich recipe
- Never throw any leftover Indian food away again and cut down on waste and expense.
- Yesterday’s dinner becomes today’s lunch.
- You can use virtually any Indian food to make a naanwich.
- Adults and kids alike love them!
- This naanwich recipe is 100% vegetarian.
We’ve all been there, we’ve either made too much or ordered too much Indian food and we don’t know what to do with it the next day – welcome to the naanwich, your new best friend.
What ingredients do I need?
You’ll need the ingredients shown in the photograph below.
What exactly is a naanwich?
Naanwiches are incredibly popular as a takeaway food in Indian takeaways in the UK.
A naanwich is Indian food that is served in naan bread and folded over, like a giant sandwich.
But instead of using regular bread, naan is used, hence the name naanwich.
Try this butter garlic naan recipe.
Want to make your own Indian chili potatoes?
And why wouldn’t you want to – they taste amazing!
Here’s our Indian chili potato recipe.
It’s packed full of flavor, perfectly balanced with Indian spices, and with just enough heat from the chilies.
If you haven’t tried them yet, then you should.
What do I serve a naanwich with?
There’s every chance that you won’t need anything else to go with your naanwich.
Look at the size of this bad boy – it’s enormous!
But maybe you’re hungry, or you could be sharing.
How do I store a chili potato naanwich?
Once you make your Indian potato naanwich, you need to eat it immediately.
It doesn’t store well because the potato filling, along with the raita, makes the naan bread soggy.
Recipe notes and expert tips
More easy Indian recipes for you to try
If you like our Indian chili potato naanwich, then why not give these Indian recipes a try?
How to make a chili potato naanwich with step but step instructions
Making our Indian chili potato naanwich is easy if you follow our simple instructions.
Flick warm water onto a naan bread.
Then, using no oil, heat a large skillet, and when hot, add the naan bread.
Cook on each side for approximately 2 minutes per side, until the bread is warmed through.
Optional: Reheat your chili potatoes.
Next, take your Indian chili potatoes and place them on one half of the naan bread.
Then, drizzle raita on the potatoes, scatter shredded lettuce and add sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, and cilantro (coriander).
Fold the empty part of the naan over the potato filling to make a sandwich.
Enjoy your naanwich!
We hope you enjoy making and eating your Indian potato naanwich and would love to hear how you got on with it.
Please leave a comment below and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Indian chili potato naanwich
- 1 Naan bread
- 2 cups Chili potatoes
- 2 tbsp Raita
- 3 Romaine lettuce leaves shredded
- ⅙ Cucumber sliced
- 4 Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 handful Cilantro (coriander) leaves
- Flick warm water onto a naan bread. Then, using no oil, heat a large skillet, and when hot, add the naan bread. Cook on each side for approximately 2 minutes per side, until the bread is warmed through1 Naan bread
- Optional: Reheat your chili potatoes
- Next, take your Indian chili potatoes and place them on one half of the naan bread. Then, drizzle raita on the potatoes, scatter shredded lettuce and add sliced cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, and cilantro (coriander). Fold the empty part of the naan over the potato filling to make a sandwich.Enjoy your naanwich!2 cups Chili potatoes, 2 tbsp Raita, 3 Romaine lettuce leaves, ⅙ Cucumber, 4 Cherry tomatoes, 1 handful Cilantro (coriander) leaves
Eat immediately as the naan bread will become soggy if stored.
- Use what you have
Use whatever leftovers you have in your naanwich, if you think the flavors go well, then why not?
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
Soft, lightly golden brown, and bursting with lemon flavor, these Lemon Cookies are just absolutely delicious. Quick and easy to make, and perfect for holidays,…
Looking for the perfect breakfast side dish? Crispy hash browns might just be your answer! This easy recipe brings together grated potatoes and a few…