You wouldn’t believe how tasty this easy beetroot soup recipe is!
When Vron first served this tasty soup up for us, we knew that it had to feature on our website.
We just had to share Mandy’s mums recipe for all to enjoy!
Is beetroot soup borscht?
Yes, that’s exactly right – it is!
Borscht is commonly known as a Ukrainian beetroot soup and is well known for it’s wonderfully deep red colour – it’s a visual treat!
Can you freeze beetroot soup?
This beetroot soup recipe freezes very well indeed.
Make sure that the soup has cooled down and then freeze it. We usually use freezer bags and in one or two portion quantaties.
How can I make this soup vegan?
That’s really easy to answer, just use a vegan crème fraiche or leave it out completely and hey presto – it’s vegan!
How do I make beetroot soup from scratch?
We’re glad you asked!
Just follow Vrons ridiculously easy step by step guide and you’ll soon be enjoying this incredibly tasty soup with your family and friends.
If you are an international visitor who prefers to use cup measurements, then underneath the ingredients you’ll see a toggle button, just press that and it’ll convert them for you.
Enjoy and please do leave a comment at the bottom of the page and tell us if you enjoyed it!
Easy beetroot soup recipe
- 840 g Beetroot we used vacuum packed no vinegar beetroot
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Litre vegetable stock
- 15 g Butter
- 2 tbsp Crème fraiche
- Finely chop the onion
- Roughly chop the beetroot – it's best do this on a surface that can't stain
- Prepare your stock
- Heat the butter in a pan and then gently fry the onions until they are soft
- Now add in the beetroot and stock and let it simmer for around 20 minutes
- It should be a wonderfully rich red colour now and then remove it from the heat
- Place it in the blender and give it a good blitz until you get the consistency that you prefer
- Place it back in the saucepan and warm it up again
- Serve in bowls and garnish with crème fraiche and chopped chives (we chop it with scissors)
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
You may also like…
If you love pizza but hate soggy leftovers, then you need an air fryer in your life! You’ll always want to reheat pizza in an…
Introducing the tastiest way to enjoy a classic side dish: baked air fryer sweet potato recipe that’s as easy to make as it is delicious.…