Our and salty popcorn recipe is a quick and easy snack
Forget expensive bags of popcorn, this quick and easy sweet and salty popcorn recipe is so easy that you’ll wonder why you ever bought pre made!
This is a delicious treat for the whole family and it really does taste fantastic!
Our sweet and salty popcorn is also really popular at parties.
Do you need a special machine to make popcorn?
Absolutely not! While some people make it in popcorn machines or even the microwave, we just use a large pan with a lid.
It really does work a treat, so if you haven’t got any fancy gadgets then don’t worry – you’re in good company!
What can I add to popcorn to give it more flavour?
There are many ways that you can flavour popcorn.
You could add butter, spices or good old traditional salt.
In this popcorn recipe, we use a mixture of butter, golden syrup, vanilla extract and sea salt flakes.
All of which, when combined give a dreamy blend of sweet and salty!
If I make this sweet and salty popcorn recipe, how long will it keep?
Of course it’s always better when it’s fresh.
There’s nothing like tasting slightly warm freshly made sweet and salty popcorn and we’d be surprised if there were any leftovers!
However, if you are planning ahead, then you could make it the day before you need it and store it in an airtight bag, it’ll store well for two to three days.
How do I make popcorn from scratch?
Making popcorn from scratch is easy – super easy!
Adding the sweet and salty flavour is also incredibly easy if you follow our step by step guide.
As always, if you are one of our international visitors who uses cups, then please just press the toggle button under the ingredients and then, abracadabra, they’ll convert!
Enjoy your popcorn and please let us know how yours turned out!
Sweet and salty popcorn recipe
- 1¾ oz Popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3.5 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Light muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 tbsp Sea salt flakes
- First you need to line your baking trays with baking paper, you're not going to be using an oven for anything but you need these trays prepared
- Then get your saucepan, put the oil in and heat it up
- Next you need to put the popcorn kernels in the pan and make sure the lid is on tight (I always like to use a see through lid as it's fun watching the popcorn pop)
- As the popcorn starts to heat, it'll start to pop, make sure that you shake the pan frequently, turn down the heat to medium
- When the popping slows down and it's nearly stopped then remove from the heat, it should have taken roughly around 4 – 5 minutes, be careful not to burn it
- Now in a separate saucepan you'll need to melt the butter gently
- Then it's time to add in the syrup, sugar and vanilla
- Keep it on a gentle heat and make sure you stir it
- Once the sugar has dissolved you can you can turn up the heat and let this lovely syrup bubble away until it becomes a wonderful rich caramel looking colour, this usually takes around 4 – 5 minutes
- One the syrup is ready pour it all over the popcorn and give it a good stir, you want it to have an even coating over all of the popcorn
- Now tip it out onto the baking trays, making sure that it's just a thin layer of popcorn, you want to make sure it doesn't stick together too much
- Now sprinkle it with a generous helping of sea salt flakes
- Once it's cooled, then put into popcorn bags or bowls and serve
Please note that nutrient values are estimates only. Variations can occur due to product availability and manner of food preparation. Nutrition may vary based on methods of origin, preparation, freshness of ingredients, and other factors.
Did you make this recipe?
We love hearing how you went with ours recipes! Tag us on Instagram at @splash_of_taste_uk
You may also like…
Tortilla Pizza Recipe
If you’re looking for a meal that’s both delicious and easy to make, then our tortilla pizza recipe is for you. Not only is it quick to…
Air Fryer Cheese Quesadilla
Picture this: a perfectly crispy, golden brown quesadilla with melted cheese oozing out of every corner. Now imagine making that delicious snack without having to…
Leave a Reply