Refreshing spicy pineapple mojito mocktail recipe
Get ready for a taste sensation with our spicy pineapple mojito mocktail recipe!
Who said that non alcoholic drinks are boring?
We certainly didn’t!
We’ve mixed this mocktail, so it has a real spicy punch, but you can add as much – or as little – spice as you like.
If you did want to make this into an alcoholic cocktail, then you could easily add a shot of white rum to your drink.
Fresh pineapple makes all the difference
Using fresh pineapple really enhances the flavour.
We griddle our fresh pineapple chunks and they taste fantastic.
The tip for making the perfect virgin mojito mocktail
There are many ways of making the perfect mojito mocktail, but we think one of the great twists to our version of this spicy pineapple mojito, is to rim the glass with salt and chilli powder.
You can use as much or as little chilli as you like, but it does start and finish your drink with a lovely kick.
How do you rim the cocktail glass with salt and chilli?
Firstly, make sure you haven’t put anything in your glass – that’s crucial otherwise it’ll all fall out.
Then, pour salt and chilli powder on to a side plate and mix it together.
Now take a wedge of fresh lemon and gently wipe it around the rim of your glass.
Put your cocktail glass, rimmed end down, onto the mixture and slowly and carefully swirl it around.
The salt and chilli should stick to the rim and will look and taste great.
That’s it! As simple as that!
How do you make a spicy pineapple mojito mocktail?
We’ve listed a step by step guide to making this wonderful virgin mojito for you.
All you have to do is follow the recipe instructions and then sit back and enjoy.
SPICY PINEAPPLE MOJITO MOCKTAIL
- Griddle pan
- Sharp knife
- Chopping board
- Muddling spoon or mortar and pestle
- ½ of a pineapple
- 250 ml Pineapple juice
- Soda water
- 2 Jalapeno peppers
- Coriander leaves just a handful
- 1 tsp Agave you could use caster sugar instead
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- First peel and cut your pineapple into chunks
- Then either grill or griddle your pineapple chunks until they are a nice brown colour
- Put aside and let them cool
- Cut your jalapeno peppers into thin round slices
- Juice your lemon, but don't throw away the skins
- Next take a few pineapple chunks, lemon juice, jalapeno slices, the agave and some coriander leaves and either muddle them together or crush very gently in a mortar and pestle
- Pour your salt and chilli powder onto a side plate and mix them until completely blended
- With your used lemon gently wipe around the rim of your glasses
- Then place it rim side down onto the plate of salt and chilli and gently swirl it around until it becomes nicely coated with the mixture
- Now add the muddled mixture to your glasses
- Add ice to your glasses, a good 4 or 5 chunks
- Add in your pineapple juice, you should aim for around two thirds pineapple juice
- Top up your glasses with soda water
- Garnish with a sprinkling of coriander leaves and a pineapple chunk resting on the rim of your glasses
- Super spicy – enjoy!
You may also like…
The spicy chilli rim makes all the difference with this fantastic mocktail…
Refreshingly tasty and great for the whole family!