Mango, chilli and lime margarita mocktail recipe
We have to admit it, this margarita mocktail recipe is rather good.
It’s refreshing and interesting, the chilli really helps lift the level of taste.
If you’ve got guests who would like it to be alcoholic, then just add tequila and triple sec and hey presto! You’ve got yourself an alcoholic version.
What do you put around the rim of a margarita?
Traditionally it’s salt. Salt is great, there’s even special margarita salt that you can buy if you like.
But it doesn’t need to be margarita salt, we love using Maldon sea salt flakes which are available at most supermarkets and pretty inexpensive.
They are the perfect size flakes for the rim, giving it a real bite.
In our margarita mocktail recipe, we’ve also mixed in chilli powder with the salt to give an extra buzz.
Are margarita mocktails easy to make?
Oh yes indeed they are! Very easy.
If you scroll down, you will see that we have listed a step by step recipe guide for you to follow.
It could not be more simple!
Do you need any special equipment to make a margarita mocktail?
The only special equipment that you need to make this delicious drink is a blender or food processor – nothing else.
Why are mocktails popular?
There are so many people that don’t drink alcohol.
Serving up a mocktail ensures that they have something interesting and flavoursome to drink.
If you are throwing a party and are including alcoholic cocktails, we always recommend having a mocktail version, so those not drinking have something to enjoy.
How to make your own homemade lime, mango and chilli margarita
We think we have the perfect recipe for your virgin margarita, take a look below and let’s get creating!
- Blender or food processor
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Side plate
- 1 Mango the riper the better
- 250 ml Orange juice
- 2 Limes juice
- 2 tbsp Agave nectar you can use maple syrup, but taste after each spoonful until you get the sweetness you prefer
Chilli salty rim
- 1 Lime wedge
- 1 tsp Salt flakes are best
- 1 tsp Chilli use as much or as little as you like for your heat tolerance
For the margarita
- Take the mango, orange juice, lime juice and agave nectar and place them into a blender
- If you want a chilled margarita then add in some ice cubes and blend again until everything is a nice consistency
- Do NOT put the mixture into your cocktail glasses yet
For the salty chilli rim
- On a side plate, place the salt and chili and stir it altogether
- Then take a wedge of lime and rub it around the rim of the glass
- Now turn the glass upside down and gently swirl it around on the salt and chili until you get a wonderful coating
- Now is the time to add the margarita blend
- For garnish, add a slice of lime to the rim of the glass
- Super refreshing – enjoy!